Interested in applying for our scholarship?
San Francisco Achievers offers a college success program to African American young men attending San Francisco public high schools.
This program includes:
- Intensive support and mentoring
- Academic and financial aid counseling
- Internship and job search assistance
- Career readiness training and networking events
- Fun outdoor field trips (ex. backpacking in Yosemite or kayaking in Tomales Bay)
- Brotherhood of young men also committed to achieving their dreams
- Chance to be awarded a renewable annual scholarship
Am I eligible?
If you meet the following criteria, you’re eligible for this program!
- African American male
- A current 11th or 12th grade student at a San Francisco High School school
- Earn a college-ready GPA (2.5 and higher)
- Intend to attend 2 or 4 year college immediately following high school graduation
- Demonstrate financial need
Please contact us immediately if you have not received confirmation within two weeks of submission.
Scholarship Review Process
Each complete scholarship application is reviewed by two or more community panelists. Based on the panelists’ recommendations, applicants are then declined or asked to advance to the interview stage. Interview appointments are made during the Spring. Applicants invited to interview may be asked to provide additional verification documents depending on their situation (e.g. seniors will be asked to provide a letter of acceptance from a college or university and a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report). After interviews, applicants will be notified if they have been accepted.
Once accepted, junior applicants must complete the Senior Leadership Academy consisting of monthly workshops, mentoring, and field trips and must attend an accredited college or university full time in the fall immediately following their high school graduation. [Senior applicants must
complete a condensed Leadership Workshop in place of the year-long Academy.] All scholars must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, complete all required program activities, and submit required documentation each term to retain their scholarship eligibility.
A complete application has all the following documents:
¤ Application Form
¤ Essay – Why Attend College?
¤ Essay – Personal Statement
¤ Two Recommendations
¤ Official High School Transcript
¤ Proof of Financial Need
Applications can be submitted via
¤ Email [email protected]
¤ Fax – +1 (415) 484-7148
¤ Your high school counselor (check with your counselor to ensure they have made an appointment for pick up)
¤ Mail PO Box 416, San Francisco, CA 94104
If you have questions regarding this scholarship or application, please contact us anytime at +1 (415) 872-9986 or by email at [email protected]
Amber Childress: email@example.com