Position: Social Media Intern
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: 7 – 10 Hours Weekly
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. You will be part of a team of three members. You will learn the ins and outs of our organization and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into our organizations’ marketing strategy, not just “requesting money” from our donars, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact. Learn more about SFA @ www.sfachievers.org.
- Utilize word of mouth marketing, Internet marketing, and Internet marketing techniques to increase traffic, and brand awareness.
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing followers and increase the number of impressions
- Be available for capturing events on social media in real time.
- Increase the number of followers utilizing and joining our social media pages.
- Increase the number of client connections on social networks Develop efficient process to maintain Mentor rosters (active, alumni, separated and retired)
- Additional duties assigned by Supervisor
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Youtube
- Solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices.
- Fearless attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year academic institution.
To apply, email your resume to: Gregory Collins, Executive Director at: [email protected]. Please put “Social Media Intern” in the subject line. The position is open until filled.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
No direct calls please.